You wouldn’t have to proportion all your community simply to let anyone use your Chromecast.
The one vital usability hurdle across the Chromecast is that it has no devoted interface or controls. But a good way to relieve a few of that power in case you have family and friends over is to enable what is known as “Guest mode.” With slightly setup forward of time, you’ll let other folks Cast to your Chromecast with out getting them onto your own home Wi-Fi community first.
How to arrange Guest mode for your Chromecast
Setting up Guest mode takes only a minute.
- Open the Google Home app and you’ll want to’re signed in with the Google account you used to arrange your Chromecast.
- Tap at the “Devices” button within the top-right nook of the app.
- Scroll down to the Chromecast you need to enable Guest mode on.
- Tap the menu button (3 vertical dots) and faucet Guest Mode.
- Tap the toggle to on. It will flip blue.
- Make word of the four-digit PIN indexed beneath “Guest mode.”
Once Guest mode is enabled, it stays enabled till you select to flip it off.
How to use Guest mode
With Guest mode enabled, other folks in the similar room as your Chromecast will likely be in a position to get entry to it and play content material simply as though they have been for your Wi-Fi community with out if truth be told being attached to it. The Chromecast will proceed to pull information immediately out of your Wi-Fi community, saving the visitor from massive information utilization on their instrument and offering a constant revel in.
- Make certain your TV is grew to become on and switched to the right kind enter on your Chromecast.
- Have your visitors open an app that helps Google Cast, and faucet the Cast button.
- Because they are no longer on a Wi-Fi community, the telephone will routinely get started on the lookout for “nearby devices.”
- If the telephone is in a position to, it is going to routinely attach to the Chromecast that has Guest mode enabled.
- If the auto-pair does not paintings, there will likely be an on-screen recommended to *input the four-digit PIN generated previous.
- The Guest mode PIN is to be had within the Google Home app, and at the Chromecast backdrop at the TV.
- Enter the PIN and faucet Connect.
- Once attached, visitors can ship instructions to the Chromecast simply as though they have been at the Wi-Fi community.
- This contains managing content material queues, switching apps or even pausing and taking part in remotely from the telephone.
If that every one turns out slightly clunky, that is as it roughly is. Even despite the fact that issues move extra easily as soon as you might have arrange Guest mode prior to now, it can be more straightforward within the first position to simply let your visitors attach to your own home Wi-Fi community in the event that they plan on the usage of your Chromecast broadly. But if that isn’t conceivable for no matter reason why, Guest mode is a brilliant backup answer that does paintings whilst you observe the method.